- 3 cups chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- a dash of chili powder
- Place the basil in a blender. Pour in about 1 tablespoon of the oil, and blend basil into a paste. Gradually add pine nuts, Brazil nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic, chili powder, and remaining oil. Continue to blend until smooth.
- This makes a lot of pesto, so if you're not going to use it all now, freeze it in an ice cube tray, then pop out and store in a ziplock bag in the freezer. Each ice cube is about an 1/4 cup.