- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for baking sheet
- 3/4 cup cornflake crumbs (store-bought or crushed from 2 cups cornflakes)
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper and/or paprika
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes (about 3), well scrubbed and cut lengthwise 3/4 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush a large rimmed baking sheet with oil; set aside.
- In a pie plate or shallow bowl, combine cornflake crumbs, cayenne, and 1 tablespoon salt. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil to coat. One or two at a time, dip potatoes in crumbs, turning to coat all sides; transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake potatoes, turning once, until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven, and season with more salt.