Thursday, June 15, 2006

How To Disappear Completely

Radiohead has officially left the city. They played two shows at Madison Square Gardens, but I really just couldn't justify $350 for the worst seat in the house. Maybe next time... They have got to be the most elusive band that ever existed.

Since Radiohead was a little out of my budget I opted to see Mark Geary at the Mercury Lounge on Tuesday night. It was quite the toss up since Smoosh and Eels were giving a free show at the World Financial Plaza. But Mark put on a nice show and a lot of his friends were in the smallish audience, so it felt pretty intimate and friendly. Tom Freund played after him. While I don't know that I am completely in love with his style, I'll have to admit that he is quite musically diverse and talented. He played at least five different instruments during his hour long set.

-Radiohead-

No comments: