Thursday, May 04, 2006

Virginia Moon

I'm back in Virginia. I got here two days ago and I can see that my time here is going to be way too short. I've mostly been running errands so far -- tying up loose little ends and getting things done before I venture away from this place forever.

About twenty minutes after I landed on Tuesday, Mimsi and I headed to Jammin' Java for a great little show. As the candlelight flickered from our front row table, I sat and absorbed the genius of Landon Pigg, Ki Theory and Lucas Reynolds. I came to see Lucas (of Blue Merle) but came away with huge apreciation for Landon's sound. I especially connected with some of his lyrics; perhaps some of his titles will be enough to say why: "Sailed On," and "Can't Let Go" among my favorites.

Last night was a graduation/birthday celebration at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Wow - that honestly has got to be the best steak I've ever had. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is willing to spend $200 on dinner for three people.

I just got my haircut. I really needed a haircut and it is always such trauma to actually get to the salon and get it done. I don't know why I feel such an attachment to my locks... perhaps it is only a reflection of the over-attachment I feel for a lot of things.

Today is shopping day. My wardrobe needs a little spicing up for New York. Leesburg Outlets, here I come!

-Foo Fighters-

No comments: